The Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA) developed this web site to serve as a global information hub on sugarcane products and their economic, environmental and social benefits around the world. holds the potential to be a key building block of because of its and potential to – benefits Brazil has been enjoying for the past 30 years.
Recent Press Releases
- UNICA: Now it’s time to think about a post-2020 biofuels policy
- “UNICA is glad that the process is finally coming to a conclusion, as the industry urgently needs predictability to continue operating. We look forward to a continued improvement of the framework for the post-2020”, said UNICA CEO, Elizabeth Farina, referring to the ENVI Committee vote on the ILUC dossier.
- UNICA pleased with Environment Committee support for Bioethanol
- “UNICA congratulates European Members of the European Parliament for confirming the need to promote biofuels which have the highest environmental credentials, such as bioethanol” said Géraldine Kutas, Head of International Affairs at UNICA. Despite the adoption of a 6% cap for conventional biofuels, the Environment Committee took three important steps to promote sustainable biofuels and contribute to the decarbonisation of transport.
- UNICA wants changes in the government’s energy policy and a direct dialogue with President Rousseff
- Elizabeth Farina, CEO of the Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA), said today that she hopes to have a direct exchange with newly re-elected President Dilma Rousseff, thereby allowing Rousseff to fulfill the commitment she made in her first speech after re-election to be the President of the dialogue, of change and one who will support producing sectors, especially industrial sectors.